Change Language in XP
Start->Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Advanced->In the dropdown list: Chinese (PRC)
1. Click Start and go to Control Panel, you need to be admin to do that.
2. Select Regional and Language Options
3. Pick the Advanced tab
4. From the dropdown list choose Chinese (PRC) (Simplified Chinese)
5. If the language files are not installed in your pc already, you need to insert the windows installation cd.
6. Lastly you need to restart your pc for it to take effect.
*PRC means People of Republic of China. For people who are interested, Chinese (Singapore) is also Simplified Chinese, it can also be used here but I just want to simplify the process. Chinese (Taiwan) is Traditional Chinese. If I’m not wrong, Hong Kong and Macau version is also Traditional.