I got the green light from the game author just now(Sent a copy to them for approval first).
Firstly, as thanks to the people who translated the game(actually, it’s me who wanted it, I’m always happy to read comments about stuff I like), I would appreciate if you could leave a comment telling what you think of the game after you finished the main story(well, you can leave one even if you don’t but I think the best part is the storyline. I love the storyline and the world concept. It’s like watching a thrilling drama. I’m a gourmet for stories.). What to comment? Maybe what do you think of the game? Is it as good as you think? Is it hard?(I think it’s a very hard game and I really have to follow a guide to play, MSN3 is much easier but some people have no problems). Maybe something interesting you find about the game.
Lastly, even though I did not credit individually in the game but thanks a lot to everyone who helped in the translation of the game. Because of you guys this translated game can be released. I’ll list those that I remember.
Unpacker and Project Starter: LittleAngel
Quality Checker: Alicia, K’, Celine, Ash, Mayukkg
Picture,Flash Editor & the one who create the wordpress site: ovo_kinder
Game Language Editor & someone I beg for help in the forum who suggested the gemot forum to me: debono9
Testers: K’, debono9, Aletea, Taco, Se, zerocat18, Kami, AmazinglyVivid
Wordpress Supporter: Mikan (I have to add you :D)
Asked the original author and her sidekick for help: Kinfox, wait
My friend who introduce this game to me during 2005(?)(Not sure): Satose
Screenshots in this post thanks to: Taco
Hi, please read this post too for some summary and more images. It also has the full descripton of the game including OS requirements.
Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Win7
4MB Graphics Card
300MB Hard Disk
Music Arranging: 金狐狸
good friend nanee，点心，yindy for the friendship support
and doujin planet bbs for providing space
There are quite a lot of changes(well, more like enhancements) compare to the original Chinese version in the end…What is different?
- Stat page has more stats. You can view battle stats there now which does not appear before. Like Battle Lvl, Battle Exp & MP.
- I added various mouse hover hints in the game so you can understand better.
- After a battle, it’ll show how much battle exp you’ll get now along with the items and gold. It’ll also say you’ve gained a level when you level up.
- Added more information that explains some of the confusing parts of the game. You can get the info by talking with the people in town.
- Added a feedback when you cannot perform Special Attack or Magic and show how much MP you need to perform them. Before, if you don’t have enough MP, there’s just nothing happen if you click Sp. Attack or Magic and looks like it’s broken. I also added the amount of MP needed to perform in the stat page.
- I turn on skip clicking. It was turned off before and you have to wait and cannot skip any dialogue.
- You can have 5 characters for names and Sp. Attack instead of 4 now. I would make it 6 characters but it would mess up the layout if say someone named him WWWWWW(it is 2/3 times longer than normal 5 characters). Of course normally people wouldn’t name like that.
- You seem to directly quit the game after an ending which is weird. I set it to restart the game to the main menu.
- Added in some kind of perks that grant you a bit more money and family reputation during the starting of the game. You may have to discover it yourself.
- Some changes to main sidebar layout and work/class going through sidebar layout so that Name and surname is in different lines and Weapon and Armor in different lines too.
Etc. There are quite a number of small things changed and I don’t remember all of them.
If there is any error or anything that needs to be fixed, please post here.
#It seems there is a problem and you cannot use Japanese locale to run the game. Set your system Non-Unicode language to English.
There is no patch for the original game. You have to download the whole thing here.
Download Prince Maker 2 Braveness and Unzip Anywhere to Play:
Filecloud.io: ->P1 – P2 - P3<-
!!Don’t play the game without any Patch!!
Just use Win7 patch if you use Vista or Win8
If you use Windows XP, please put this patch in the same folder with the msn.exe:
->Download this patch for XP Users<-(patch update: 13 August 12)
If you use Win7, please put this patch in the same folder:
->Download this patch for Win7 Users<-(patch update: 13 August 12)
In the future if there are any new patches, I would release both XP patch and Win7 patch here. This is because strangely, the position of texts seem to be different in the two OS. I’m not sure how Vista would appear as no one in the game tester group has Vista. All has Win7. Vista users try both XP or Win7 patch to see which one is better.
All future patches will be the very same download link as any new patch will replace the old one so you won’t be downloading any outdated patch (The magic of Dropbox, turn any file into direct link).
If you guys want to watch a LP(Let’s Play) for this game, I found one at the broken forum and it is rather interesting to watch, I reply at that thread too:
Broken Forum Prince Maker LP